top of page
Post Treatment Instructions for Brows
1. We recommend that ice packs be applied for 10-15 minutes each hour for the first three hours following the procedure. The ice is used to minimize swelling and provide comfort. Do not take aspirin, as this promotes bleeding at the treatment sites. Over the counter pain medication (Tylenol) is recommended for temporary pain relief.
2. Apply RecoverAll to the treatment area 2-3 times per day for the following week, or whenever the area feels dry. Keeping the area moisturized and soothed is important for color retention.
3. Stay out of the sun! If you must be out and about, wear a hat and lots of sunscreen.
4. Keep water off of your brows for at least 24 hours.
5. Do not use any face creams, exfoliants, or harsh cleansers on your brows during the healing process.
6. Normal activity can be resumed immediately. We recommend that heavy exercise such as aerobic dancing, weight lifting, etc. be delayed for approximately two to three days following the procedure.
7. Your procedure will begin to oxidize immediately and during the next 3-4 days. This causes pigment to become darker. Do not be alarmed, this dark color will either flake off or fade back to the color that was first implanted (during the 1st five minutes of the procedure).
8. Do not pick any scabs or dry areas that may form during the healing process, this may cause you to lose color or damage your skin. Instead, apply some of the RecoverAll.
9. Other fading or loss of pigment may occur. Some flaking off of the pigment is normal on some skin types; however there should be pigment under the skin where the original pigment has flaked off. If there is no pigment present, a touch up will be required to achieve lasting color.
10. Judgment of your final results should be deferred until one month following the procedure. Over the next two to three weeks, the pigment intensity will lighten by up to 50%. We will schedule a follow-up appointment to make sure any faded areas are touched up and everything is healing properly.
bottom of page